Emotional and physical well-being of children is a big focus for parents, schools and anyone in contact with kids. Enabling children to manage stress and increase confidence is a huge responsibility that we are all facing.
I am an experienced adult & kids yoga teacher with a family of my own. I know how yoga and mindfulness can have a massive impact on not only the well-being of children but also the adults around them.
My aims are
- To help children become body aware
- Enable children to begin to identify emotions and how they feel
- Show children how management of breath can help them feel safe, calm and able to communicate more clearly
- Help combat anxiety and stress
- Increase concentration
- Create a fun but structured environment for children to express themselves and learn new skills that will directly impact on their well-being throughout their life
For younger children my teaching style is story-based; we will go on an adventure with the children using our bodies to move, our breath to energise/calm and then we end with a little relaxation.
For tweens and teens we can discuss a theme, perhaps working with something they are already exploring.
My focus is primarily on children between 3-8. I am quite interested in the preschool/primary age as I have little ones of my own and just know how much they love it.
Sessions last approx. 30/45 minutes depending on the age group and how it fits into the day.
Pricing is dependent on booking one or several sessions, the length, the location and the commitment – I will provide a bespoke package.
I provide the mats if needed and all other equipment.
- Part of the curriculum – I am able to offer a class within the school/preschool day
- After school club – in some instances I can offer an after-school club option
- One off wellness initiatives – if your school/nursery/group is exploring a month of wellness, or a national wellness day etc I am happy to come and offer a one of session or several in one day.
- Homeschooling groups – to take place at the studio
- Brownies, Scouts and other youth groups
- I also run kids parties!
For more information please contact me on email@example.com