So I would love to believe that yoga is the only reason I am currently experiencing glowing skin, but I know that’s just not the case. You need to keep showing up for yourself inside and out on many levels until you look and feel amazing!
So here are some of my top tips to help you get that summer yoga glow.
- Avoid taking long hot baths or showers – yes this is a hard one for me but really hot water robs your skin of moisture. If you must go in hot make sure your using a great cleanser that keeps you moisturised and splash cool water on your skin when your done to close off the pores.
- Exfoliate dry skin with a gentle scrub as often as needed. Two to three times weekly should be plenty. I exclusively use LimeLife by Alcones Skin Polish which also doubles as a quick mask. Whatever you use make sure it doesn’t strip the skin, all you want to do is get rid of dry and dull skin.
- DRINK WATER – OK so this is an oldie but a goodie. I try to drink two liters of water a day, particularly when I am running around after my little one as it also keeps you energised. I promise you drink up for a few days and you WILL see the difference.
- Use a humidifier to keep moisture in your home and office air, or keep a bowl of water on your radiators to add moisture to the air. This is particularly good in the winter months when we crank up the radiators.
- Check the labels on your skincare products, and avoid toners and other products that contain alcohol, which can dry out the skin. Seriously on this one check check and check again, Ive spent years wondering why I had rubbish skin and now after finding a range that is harsh chemical free I know why!
- RELAX – oh yes, relaxing is good for the skin. In Ayurveda the sister science to yoga we learn that vata and pitta energised are often the cause of irritated skin. These are heat and air in the body, literally describing you being hot and bothered. Try to relax, take time for you, do yoga (obviously) but gentle. Introduce a bit of earth to your life and see how the skin improves.
- Make sure your eating right – another seemingly obvious one but one easy to ignore. Try to get good oils into your system along with the water, plenty of dark greens to keep iron levels up and also reduce the caffeine and sugar. (sorry!)
- Do Yoga – So you new I was going to say this, but really it helps. Keeping balance between your body mind and soul is essential to look and feel great. Do a practise that suits your current energy levels, always include some meditation and relaxation at the end as well.
So that’s my input on radiant skin, yes we try not to be vain but also it matters how good you feel and glowing inside AND out is never a bad thing. Before you reach for the chemicals and quick fixes do please try these. Also check out Limelife by Alcone for seriously beautiful vegan, cruelty free skin care with no harsh chemicals!